Saturday 4 April 2015

Healthy publicity - broken body!

Man-Flu syndrome 
Its not been a great week this week on the training front! Following a rest day on Monday, I got a good steady Tuesday 13 miler in despite the 45mph+ winds, which actually felt easier than it should have done! Unfortunately though, out of knowhere, Wednesday brought the  dreaded Man-Flu, starting with a chesty cough and then a fever! Another downer was that on Wednesday and Thursday, me and Amy were in London for  her birthday  present to go to Harry Potter world and meet up with friends, meaning we couldn't really enjoy the time away - Amy has been struggling with sickness this week too. The running kit I took with me didn't  leave my bag the whole time we were there.

I also wanted to buy new running shoes but instead much preferred to sit in the coffee shop with a nice warm latte!..yes..that bad!


Home from London and back to work, I have tried testing the waters tonight with a little 10k run - trying to sweat the last of the flu out. To be honest, I probably should have given it another day off and  certainly should have ran much slower! It turned into more of a relaxed tempo session, averaging 5.57 per mile. My chest certainly wasn't right though and had me coughing constantly for half hour after the run! Perhaps a wake-up call to take it easy for a few more days. It's hard though when all I want to do is train but don't want to limit my chances of being fit for Manchester Marathon  in 2 weeks. The next week will be rather busy with work so I will just have to keep the legs ticking away with some smaller runs to keep my fitness for Manchester. It's pointless trying for more gains now, so close to the event.

Healthy Publicity 
Despite the slightly depressing week, there has been the good highlight of an appearance in the local newspaper, North-West Evening Mail. They wanted to publish an article on what I was doing for charity and my W2K win/record, so I answered a few questions and sent  in some pictures and I was rather pleased with the result. Every bit of awareness for my cause helps a lot! :) I even got a little snippet on the front page too! :)

Now let's hope for a slightly more positive update next week! :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pavement Pounding

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig