Tuesday 31 March 2015

Polyroof Sponsorship Challenge!


Today I received a proposal from Amy's uncles, Nick and David, Directors of Polyroof®. They have offered a sponsorship to Kidney Research UK of £25 for each of the 7 events I have planned to complete this year so far. They have also said, they will sponsor a further £100 if I complete each one of them! If that wasn't good enough, they have also proposed a further challenge!...


It has been proposed that if I complete an Olympic distance triathlon before September of this year, Polyroof® will donate a further £100 to charity. This equates to £375 in total if I complete all of the events! Now... I think that is a challenge which is worth taking them up on! Besides, I don't think it would go down too well on the charitable front if I declined now would it!?

Anyone that knows me well enough will understand how much of a challenge this will be for me. I really don't like swimming and aren't too good at it. Until last month, I struggled to do 1 length of a 20 yard pool without panicking and getting out of breath! They will also understand that, due to me being rather competitive, I hate competing in events where my chances of finishing in the upper end of the field are very limited! Nick has completed lots of triathlons before and even an ironman...I'm sure he has given me this challenge just to try kick my sorry butt! ha-ha! I wasn't planning on doing much swim training, however now I best re-think my training schedule!

I have no events planned for July this year. I was planning on getting some solid training in for Hoad Hill Marathon at the start of August however a quick google search has brought up Ullswater Triathlon on 11th July. Local, great scenery, timing and hopefully not bad weather, makes this triathlon an almost perfect option! It consists of a 1500m swim in Ullswater, a 2 lap undulating 40km bike and a flat 3 lap 10km run - Perfect for support and spectators! The great north swim I have planned in June will now be a just mere warm up! Or eye-opener!!!


This takes my total up to 8 organised events for the year so far (Tour de Furness will be replaced with either the Great Cumbrian half marathon or Langdale Marathon), pushing myself out of my comfort zone massively with the 2 swims! Obviously a lot of long, hard training ahead! Wish me luck! :)

JustGiving: click here
Event Info: click here



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pavement Pounding

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig